Drug Treatment in Marietta, GA
Recover Your Happiness at Metro Atlanta Treatment
Whether they are taking prescription medication or a party drug, no one intends to form a substance use disorder. Drug addiction is a nuanced disease that can affect anyone, and it affects everyone differently.
If a substance has taken over your life, we want you to remember 3 things:
- You are more than your addiction
- Your illness is not your fault
- You can always get help
At Metro Atlanta Treatment, our mission is to provide compassionate care, encouragement, and kindness to individuals seeking a life of recovery – without discernment. No matter where you are in life and how serious your addiction may be, we want to help you.
Call (678) 379-3111 today to learn more about our compassionate Marietta drug addiction treatment program.
What Is Drug Addiction?
According to the National Institute on Drug Abuse, drug addiction, or substance use disorder, is:
“a chronic disease characterized by drug seeking and use that is compulsive, or difficult to control, despite harmful consequences.”
Some describe drug addiction as a craving or an obsession, and the condition can also be accompanied by physical and psychological dependency. Drug dependency is characterized by tolerance – needing more and more of a drug to feel its effects – and withdrawal – experiencing negative side effects when you cut back or quit using the drug.
Other signs and symptoms of substance use disorder include:
- Frequent drug use
- Taking drugs more often or in higher doses than you intend to
- Having an intense urge to use drugs
- Making sure you maintain a steady supply of drugs
- Neglecting responsibilities in favor of using drugs
- Reducing socialization and time spent on hobbies because of drugs
- Inability to feel pleasure without drugs
- Engaging in risky or illegal activities while on drugs
- Continuing to use drugs despite negative consequences
- Being unable to cut back or quit
If you or a loved one are suffering from any of the physical or behavioral problems above, it may be time to get help. Metro Atlanta Treatment is here for you.
Still, your treatment program must be tailored to the substance you struggle with.
At Metro Atlanta Treatment, we have experience helping individuals overcome the following addictions:
- Opioid addiction– Opioids are extremely addictive and can lead to fatal overdoses. We treat substance use disorders tied to prescription painkillers, fentanyl, and heroin.
- Prescription pill addiction – In addition to opioid painkillers, many people form addictions to prescription depressants (downers and benzos) and stimulants (uppers).
- Methamphetamine addiction – Also called meth or crystal meth, methamphetamine is highly addictive, and using causes serious health effects, including overdose.
- Cocaine Addiction Treatment - A powerfully addictive stimulant that increases the levels of dopamine in the brain.
- Benzodiazepines Treatment - Tranquilizer-type drugs that create feelings of calmness, relax the muscles, and sedate patients.
With many of the substances above, quitting on your own is difficult, if not impossible. You may need medication-assisted treatment (MAT) to help you get through withdrawal, which is one of the many services we offer at Metro Atlanta Treatment.
Click here to learn more about MAT.
How We Help
As a drug addiction recovery center in Marietta, Georgia, Metro Atlanta Treatment offers a partial hospitalization program (PHP), an intensive outpatient program (IOP), and a night outpatient treatment program. We understand that many people cannot put their lives on hold while they are struggling with addiction, so we have options that work for everyone. Our night outpatient program is especially popular because it allows people to work during the day and recover at night.
Click here to learn more about our programs.
Why Choose Us?
Metro Atlanta Treatment sees you as a whole person, and we want to make sure your complex needs and desires are being met. As such, we offer several holistic activities that make recovery more interesting and engaging. We not only offer a proven trauma intervention model and brain-mapping, for example, but we also provide adventure-based counseling and cultural excursions in the city.
Further, Metro Atlanta Treatment operates on the CORE values of Connection, Open-Mindedness, Revitalization, and Education.
If these values are important to you, too, and you are looking to recover from a substance use disorder, look no further than our Marietta drug treatment center.
Call us at (678) 379-3111 or contact us online to start building a new foundation today.