Substance Treatment in Marietta, GA
Alcohol use disorder (a.k.a. alcohol addiction or alcoholism) is a medical condition that is diagnosed by a medical professional. It has symptoms with different levels – mild, moderate, or severe – and most importantly, it is a condition that can be treated. At Metro Atlanta Treatment, our goal is to help you overcome alcohol addiction.
What are the Symptoms of Alcohol Addiction?
Health providers use a series of questions to diagnose alcohol use disorders. For example:
- In the last year have you found drinking often interferes with taking care of your home or family?
- Have you more than once wanted to cut down or stop drinking, but couldn’t?
- Have you experienced craving — a strong desire to drink?
If you answered yes to any of the questions above, you may be struggling with alcoholism.
With a more in-depth assessment, we can help diagnose your disorder and provide you with the most effective treatment program possible.
Trust our team at Metro Atlanta Treatment to identify the problem and foster positive changes in your life.
What are the Treatments for Alcohol Addiction?
Each of our programs was developed to build a foundation for a new life. No matter what program you choose, you will grow from group therapy, family therapy, and individual therapy. We offer:
- An Intensive Outpatient Program (IOP) and Partial Hospitalization Program (PHP), or Night Outpatient Treatment for working people. PHP offers therapy, more structure, and stability, as well as more access to our medical team. IOP offers fewer restrictions and the same therapy. Our Night Outpatient Treatment gives you access to our therapies on an evening schedule.
- A trauma intervention/psychotherapeutic model to build resiliency
- Adventure-based counseling
- Arts and culture
- Wellness activities
Why choose Metro Atlanta Treatment in Marietta, GA for Alcohol Addiction?
At Metro Atlanta Treatment, our mission is to provide compassionate care to anyone looking for a life of recovery. Our team is here to provide you with the tools you need to succeed in sobriety.
Call (678) 379-3111 today. We are available 24/7 to answer your calls and address online inquiries.
The disease of addiction draws strength from isolation, so we believe we need to combat it with connectivity! Fostering healthy relationships is a crucial part of recovery that can come difficultly to someone fresh in recovery. At Metro Atlanta Treatment, we want to connect with you and help you to connect with others.
The process of recovery requires you to make a great deal of changes. This demands everyone involved enter this experience with the willingness to try something new. We leave fear and a biased attitude at the door, with an understanding that each individual is in need of something different to succeed.
Getting sober does not mean life becomes stale. We practice having enjoyment on your journey through recreation, discovery, and entertainment. We’ve found incorporating this fundamental piece into the therapeutic process is a breath of fresh and fun air to the recovering individual!
It has been said that knowledge is power. In your battle with the disease of addiction, having an understanding of what you’re experiencing gives you the potential to gain back some of the power you’ve been stripped of. We want to create awareness of the pitfalls, coping mechanisms, tools and resources you need to fight back with competency.